Aus to the Lüderitz harbour railway line (140km) was upgraded to 18.5 ton/axle load. The sand dune problem some 10km outside Luderitz remains a big challenge since the dunes block train operations. Designs to construct a 4.5km sand tunnel to overcome this problem have been completed.
- Railway Network Upgrading: Walvis Bay to Tsumeb
- Northern Railway Line Extension Project
- Upgrading and Rehabilitation of the Aus-Luderitz Railway Line
- Rehabilitation of the Sandverhaar - Bucholzbrunn railway line
- Commuter Train Projects
- Development of the Trans Kalahari Railway Line, Coal Storage and Associated Loading Facilities
- Cape Fria – Katima Mulilo Railway Line