This project entails upgrading the 40km railway section between Sandverhaar and Bucholzbrunn from the current carrying capacity of 16 ton/axle to 18.5 ton/axle. The project shall also involve redesign of curves to improve speed and improved drainage structures since the section lies in a flood prone valley.
- Railway Network Upgrading: Walvis Bay to Tsumeb
- Northern Railway Line Extension Project
- Upgrading and Rehabilitation of the Aus-Luderitz Railway Line
- Rehabilitation of the Sandverhaar - Bucholzbrunn railway line
- Commuter Train Projects
- Development of the Trans Kalahari Railway Line, Coal Storage and Associated Loading Facilities
- Cape Fria – Katima Mulilo Railway Line