This a tree phased project of which Phase I (246km) Tsumeb-Ondangwa and Phase II (60Km) Ondangwa-Oshikango of new rail are completed. Phase III (28Km) between Ondangwa and Oshakati is currently under construction. It will consist of 48kg/m rails on concrete sleepers.
Under phase III the following contracts are currently running;
- Construction of Road over Rail Bridge at km 5.6 on the Ondangwa -Oshakati road- and the Earthworks embankment between km 14 and km 28 are completed.
- Construction of Earthworks embankment between km 0 and km 14 is ongoing.
- Completed---we are to for next component –Station Buildings and Platforms
- Railway Network Upgrading: Walvis Bay to Tsumeb
- Northern Railway Line Extension Project
- Upgrading and Rehabilitation of the Aus-Luderitz Railway Line
- Rehabilitation of the Sandverhaar - Bucholzbrunn railway line
- Commuter Train Projects
- Development of the Trans Kalahari Railway Line, Coal Storage and Associated Loading Facilities
- Cape Fria – Katima Mulilo Railway Line