Mr. R Kalomho
Railway Infrastructure Management (Affairs)
Tel: +264 61-2088206
Railway Vision Statement:To provide seamless, efficient, affordable, customer-friendly and environmentally responsive integrated railway transportation solutions for the future.
Mission statement needed
- Railway shall serve as a medium of inclusive growth, connecting ports, communities and regions, major economic centers of industry, commerce and tourism across the country.
- The spread and availability of railway services will be continuously expanded and improved by its empowered and satisfied employees using cutting-edge technology.
- It shall create a railway of the future that permits an increased number of rail passengers and freight transportation.
- to plan, design, construct, maintain, manage and control the railway infrastructure (both civil and rolling stock) in the country
- To ensure the provision of railway services, in compliance with National Transport Services Holding Company Act (Act No. 28 of 1998).
- To ensure continued provision of reliable railway transportation services by maintaining, upgrading and rehabilitating railway transportation infrastructure.
- To extend the Namibian Railway Line System by planning and developing rail infrastructure connecting major economic centers to the rest of the SADC region
The directorate deals with Railway Network Development, Maintenance, Rehabilitation as well as modernization of rolling stock fleet.
- Railway Network Upgrading: Walvis Bay to Tsumeb
- Northern Railway Line Extension Project
- Upgrading and Rehabilitation of the Aus-Luderitz Railway Line
- Rehabilitation of the Sandverhaar - Bucholzbrunn railway line
- Commuter Train Projects
- Development of the Trans Kalahari Railway Line, Coal Storage and Associated Loading Facilities
- Cape Fria – Katima Mulilo Railway Line