Mrs. Kaarina S. Nitembu
Tel: +264 61 2088111
Fax: +264 61 2088441
Cell: +264 812060446/811608423
Core Ideology of Government Store and Reproduction Services
To provide an effective and affordable stock provisioning service to the clients of Stores and render a more effective and convenient service countrywide.
To be the preferred supplier for the entire Government, Regional Councils, Local Authorities and Parastatals for all day-to-day items needed in their normal operations.
In order to achieve its core objectives, stores operate under the following principles and common values:
To ensure openness in providing information on our procedures and service delivery.
To ensure social justice and equity in all our endeavours.
To be answerable and responsible for our actions and to justify them.
To respect the integrity of information of our customers / stakeholders and use it only with their consent and as required by law.
Value for money
|To provide service that is efficient, effective and economic within affordable resources.|
|Innovation||To be creative by continuously introducing new ideas and methods in delivering our services.|
|Pricing||To ensure that goods are sold at affordable prices at all Regional Government Stores countrywide.|
- To provide an effective and efficient stock provisioning services, reproduction services and government auctioneering services to Offices, Ministries and Agencies (O/M/A).
- Improve awareness of availability of services and products offered by Government Stres.
- Improve overall customer relations.
- Improve largely Stores operational efficiency.
- Revise Government Stores sales catalogue.
- Manage all sales and customer relationships to the advantage of all clients.
- Retain existing customers and become the preferred supplier to all potential clients.
- Synchronize Stores sales to be in line with its future functions and responsibilities.
- Substantially improve and sustain stock management services.
- Pay suppliers on time after satisfactory delivery of goods/services.
The purchase and resale of standard stock items to clients (O/M/A) throughout the country.
Government Stores serve as the central purchasing agent for Government, Regional Councils, Local Authorities and Parastatals. It operates on a trade account; in other words it does not receive any budgetary allocation from the Government but derives its income from a handling charge as approved by Treasury on all items it sell to clients. Government Stores provide approximately ten thousand different items that purchased from approximately five hundred suppliers through 26 annual tenders.
The composition of Government Stores is made up of six (6) Regional Government Stores strategically located throughout the country as follows:
Central Government Store - Windhoek
Serving - Khomas Region
- Omaheke Region
Keetmanshoop Government Stores
Serving - Karas Region
- Hardap Region
Otjiwarongo Government Stores
Serving - Otjozondjupa Region
- Kunene Region
- Erongo Region
Ondangwa Government Stores
Serving - Ohangwena Region
- Omusati Region
- Oshana Region
- Oshikoto Region
Rundu Government Stores
Serving - Kavango Region
Katima Mulilo Government Stores
Serving - Caprivi Region