This project is for the upgrading of the earthworks embankment, strengthening of bridges and other permanent way infrastructure. It aims to increase the axle load/ton of a 600 km stretch of railway line section to a minimum SADC standard of 18.5ton/axle load by using 48 kg/m rail or other high profiles. To date some 183km has either been upgraded, repaired or partially upgraded. The project supports the expansion of the Walvis Bay Port as it will provide for an efficient flow of cargo on the Trans-Cunene rail corridor.
- Railway Network Upgrading: Walvis Bay to Tsumeb
- Northern Railway Line Extension Project
- Upgrading and Rehabilitation of the Aus-Luderitz Railway Line
- Rehabilitation of the Sandverhaar - Bucholzbrunn railway line
- Commuter Train Projects
- Development of the Trans Kalahari Railway Line, Coal Storage and Associated Loading Facilities
- Cape Fria – Katima Mulilo Railway Line