This railway (+/- 1500 km) line links South Africa to Namibia, making it possible to export mineral products, like manganese, goods, agricultural produce, especially form the Northen Cape area of South Africa via the Port of Luderitz.
The construction of a new Port facility in the vicinity of Cape Fria on the West Coast of Namibia and the related rail transport infrastructure from the proposed new port to Katima Mulilo connecting to the Zambian railway network is being planned. The rationale for the proposed port and railway line is the development of a new transport corridor in northern regions of Namibia which will serve landlocked Southern African countries such as Zambia, DRC and Botswana.
- Railway Network Upgrading: Walvis Bay to Tsumeb
- Northern Railway Line Extension Project
- Upgrading and Rehabilitation of the Aus-Luderitz Railway Line
- Rehabilitation of the Sandverhaar - Bucholzbrunn railway line
- Commuter Train Projects
- Development of the Trans Kalahari Railway Line, Coal Storage and Associated Loading Facilities
- Cape Fria – Katima Mulilo Railway Line